Microsoft Software for EWU and personally owned computers
202 Huston Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
EWU faculty, staff, and currently enrolled students are licensed for Office 2016 for Windows and Mac on EWU-owned computers, and on a limited number of personally owned devices (5 for faculty/staff, 5 for currently enrolled students). EWU computer labs will have Office 2013 installed.
|Outlook||InfoPath||Lync (Skype for Business)|
Instructions for EWU-owned work computers:
- Contact the Help Desk at http://helpdesk.ewu.edu to create a ticket. Once logged in, choose: Customer Requests > I need Microsoft/Adobe Software for my EWU-Owned Work Computer.
Instructions provided by Microsoft for personally owned computers are available at:
The same general instructions are also provided below:
- Log in to Office 365 email from a web browser:
- Once logged in, click on the Gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen and select Office 365 Settings.
- Select Software from the Office 365 Settings menu.
- Select the appropriate language and review the system requirements. Note: If your system does not meet the specified requirements, use the links at the bottom of the page to install Office Professional Plus 2010.
- Click the Install button to begin installation. The site will automatically detect your system (PC or Mac). The default is set to 32-bit as the recommended version.
- Save and Run the installation file and follow the prompts to complete the installation.
Installation on Mobile Devices:
- Go to your app store on your mobile device (iTunes for iOS devices, Google Play Store for Android)
- Search for 'Office Mobile for Office 365' (Note: On iPad, you may need to change search setting to 'iPhone apps only'. The iPhone app can be used on iPads, but is not compatible on 1st and 2nd generation iPads.)
- Install the app on your device.
- After the installation is complete, open the app.
- When prompted, enter your EWU email address. Select Organization account and type your EWU email password.