202 Huston Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Report an Incident
Reporting incidents involving sensitive data
Any machine that is believed to be compromised and known to store sensitive data should by handled as follows:
- STOP using the system - please do NOT run antivirus scans, patch the system, reboot, power off or unplug any cables. Taking any action on the system may be detrimental to a forensic investigation.
- Immediately call [phone number]. If you are unable to get a response, please try to contact an IT executive staff member. Please also send an email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reporting Phishing Emails
To display full message headers:
- In Outlook 2010, 2007, or Outlook Web Access (OWA), double-click the message so that it opens in its own window.
- Instructions by version:
Outlook 2010: in the Tags group, click the dialog box launcher (small square with an arrow).
Outlook 2007: in the Options group, click the dialog box launcher (small square with an arrow).
Outlook Web Access (OWA): click the "Message Details" button (the icon is an envelope with a small document over it).
Outlook 2003: from the View menu, select Options... .
- The message headers are at the bottom of the window, in a box labeled "Headers:" or "Internet headers:".
- Copy the content of the headers and paste them into your report email.
Reporting viruses, malware and other incidents
Please report virus/malware infections and other incidents by using the web helpdesk https://whd.ewu.edu