Skip to main content
Housing & Residential Life
1027 Cedar St.
Cheney, WA 99004
phone: 509.359.2451
fax: 509.359.6528

Housing Requirement FAQ

How do I apply for a housing exception?

You can apply for an exception by completing the Housing Exception Request and providing the requested supporting documentation.

I am over 21, do I need to complete a live-on requirement exception form?

We hope you will consider living on campus with us. There are designated rooms for students over 21 in Dryden Hall. However, if you are not planning to live on campus, you do not need to complete an exception form.

I am a new transfer student. How does the housing requirement affect me?

If you’re under 21 years of age, you are required to live in a residence hall or obtain an approved exception. If you have attended a college or university for a full academic year after you graducated from high school, you may be eligible for an exception. We highly encourage you to consider the Transfer Eastern Living Learning Community.

What if I will be living at home with my parents or guardian?

Students planning to live with their parents will need to complete a Housing Exception Request.

© 2018 Eastern Washington University
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.