Environmental Health & SafetyThe Eastern Washington University Environmental Health and Safety Office strives to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all students, faculty, staff and visitors, and to protect the environmental integrity of the campus and surroundings.
Eastern Washington University
Cheney, WA 99004
Environmental Health & Safety
The Eastern Washington University Environmental Health and Safety Office strives to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all students, faculty, staff and visitors, and to protect the environmental integrity of the campus and surroundings.
- Provide and maintain an environment free from recognized hazards and minimize potential loss of university resources and damage to human life, health, and the environment.
- Ensure compliance of all federal, state and local standards, laws, statutes and regulations relation to health, safety and environmental protection.
- Continually improve programs and information designed to protect EWU community members.
- Enlist all campus community members as safety team members.
Areas of Service
The Environmental Health and Safety Office provides information and assistance for accident prevention, accident reporting, accident follow-up, environmental programs, safety training, occupational health, ergonomics, protective equipment, hazardous waste, biohazards and biowaste, and radiation safety for employees and students of Eastern Washington University.
The responsibility for health and safety is shared. All members of EWU community are expected to accept this responsibility. All safety and health concerns are to be reported immediately to the supervisor, department manager, or to the Environmental Health & Safety Department.
Anyone can identify a safety or health issue, and request correction by reporting it to their supervisor, department manager, or the EH&S Department. For all other emergencies during irregular hours, contact University Police or call 911.
Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday
For after hours environmental emergencies, please contact the Boiler Plant at xt. 6460 or University Dispatch at 509-359-7676.
Please use the navigation panel on the left for more information about the services we provide.
- To request assistance from Environmental Health and Safety, please submit a "EHS Service Request Form".
Your Supervisor or Residential Life representative (if you are EWU Housing Resident) must sign and submit this form. If forms are not submitted and signed, the work will not be conducted.
- Emergency Response Procedures
- Safety Board Locations
- Frequently Asked Questions
- New Employee Guide/Safety Procedures