University CollegeUniversity College collaborates with faculty and staff to develop and enhance undergraduate courses and programs leading to a transformational college experience. The University College will intentionally support high impact practices that promote the talent; creativity; and scholarship of faculty, staff, and students leading to an transformational undergraduate education.
117 Showalter Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Florence & Earle Stewart Book and Cultural Event Scholarship
Established in 1989, the Florence & Earle Stewart Book and Cultural Event Scholarship is offered to students at Eastern Washington University as a way ... "for students to begin building a personal lifetime library or to experience cultural activities to the symphony, theater, etc."
Books awarded by this fund are primarily intended to be cultural additions to the recipient's personal library. Students can apply for 1) up to two books; 2) apply for one ticket to a cultural event plus one book; or 3) apply for one cultural event.
When to apply
To be considered for this scholarship please complete the online application by established deadline (4th Friday of the quarter - except Summer), as indicated in section below. Completed applications must include the title of the book, 13-digit IBSN, type of educational or cultural event, actual cost (include tax & shippping) and source of the book or event. Incomplete or late applications may not be processed.
How to apply
- Complete an online Florence and Earle Stewart Book/Cultural Event Scholarship Application.
- Write a short essay.
- Obtain a review of the book(s) or cultural event, from a professor, library or internet source.
- Submit an online application by the deadline by clicking on the link indicated below.
WINTER QUARTER/SEMESTER 2017 DEADLINES
As of January 9th, EWU students full-time during Winter Quarter/Semester 2017 may apply for Florence & Earle Stewart Book/Cultural Event Scholarship by clicking on application form link: APPLY NOW FOR STEWART BOOK/EVENT SCHOLARSHIP
Also EWU Faculty may apply complete application below for Florence & Earle Stewart Book/Cultural Event Scholarship funds to purchase Event tickets for a group of students who are full-time status during Winter Quarter/Semester 2017: Faculty Application
- On Friday, February 3rd at 4:30 p.m., applications from EWU students (full-time) to EWU Faculty for Florence & Earle Stewart Book/Event Scholarship will be closed for Winter Quarter/Semester 2017.
- As of February 20th, By March 15th, University College staff will notify EWU Bookstore to order books for full-time EWU students approved to receive Florence & Earle Stewart Book/Event Scholarship award.
- March 24th is the last day for the full-time EWU student awarded scholarship to submit their receipt for reimbursement of event ticket they purchased. Should you need additional time to submit your event receipt please notify Mary Jo Van Bemmel (email@example.com).