University CollegeUniversity College collaborates with faculty and staff to develop and enhance undergraduate courses and programs leading to a transformational college experience. The University College will intentionally support high impact practices that promote the talent; creativity; and scholarship of faculty, staff, and students leading to an transformational undergraduate education.
117 Showalter Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
University College Mission and Values
[DRAFT] *pending response and revision by constituent groups.
Vision: The University College will make a distinctive contribution to transforming the lives of our students through its collaboration across campus on enhancing undergraduate education.
The College will enable clarity of purpose in general education, as well as coordinate, and communicate the various elements of an EWU education with students, faculty, and staff.
Mission: The University College provides a coherent, coordinated and innovative set of programs and practices to further undergraduate student achievement. The College will enable clarity of purpose in general education, as well as coordinate, and communicate the various elements of an EWU education with students, faculty, and staff.
To realize this mission the University College will intentionally support the talent, creativity and potential of faculty and staff to contribute to an outstanding undergraduate education.
- Students will be retained at greater rates from their first to second and second to third years
- Students will complete lower-division general education in appropriate majors before beginning major coursework
- Students will have greater opportunity for exposure to high impact practices
- Faculty will intentionally employ high impact practices, knowing why they are meaningful for student learning, contribute to teaching excellence and how to assess their impact on both teaching and learninge. Students, faculty, and staff will know and be able to communicate the key elements of general education at EWU.
- Students, staff and faculty will understand the role general education has in their completion of the undergraduate degrees offered at EWU
- Assessment of all University College efforts will be rigorous, meaningful, and ongoing as a critical aspect of measuring the benefits and possibilities for undergraduate education at EWU
EWU Mission & Vision:
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning. EWU envisions a future of professionally, socially and culturally engaged leaders, citizens and communities.
Student-Centered Learning Environment; Quality; Access; Inclusiveness; and Integrity