Undergraduate Studies and Student Success (USSS)The Office of Undergraduate Studies and Student Success (USSS) collaborates with faculty to develop and evaluate undergraduate courses, programs and articulations; review and revise university academic policies and procedures; and coordinate course assessment.
117 Showalter Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Florence & Earle Stewart Book and Cultural Event Scholarship
Established in 1989, the Florence & Earle Stewart Book and Cultural Event Scholarship is offered to students at Eastern Washington University as a way ... "for students to begin building a personal lifetime library or to experience cultural activities to the symphony, theater, etc."
Books awarded by this fund are primarily intended to be cultural additions to the recipient's personal library. Students can apply for 1) up to two books; 2) apply for one ticket to a cultural event plus one book; or 3) apply for one cultural event.
When to apply
To be considered for this scholarship please complete the online application by established deadline (4th Friday of the quarter - except Summer), as indicated in section below. Completed applications must include the title of the book, 13-digit IBSN, type of educational or cultural event, actual cost (include tax & shippping) and source of the book or event. Incomplete or late applications will as a rule not be processed.
How to apply
- Complete an online Florence and Earle Stewart Book/Cultural Event Scholarship Application.
- Write a short essay.
- Obtain a review of the book(s) or cultural event, from a professor, library or internet source.
- Submit an online application by the deadline by clicking on the link indicated below.
FALL QUARTER/SEMESTER 2016 DEADLINES
As of September 21st, EWU students full-time during Fall Quarter/Semester 2016 may apply for Florence & Earle Stewart Book/Cultural Event Scholarship by clicking on application form link: APPLY NOW FOR STEWART BOOK/EVENT SCHOLARSHIP
Also EWU Faculty may apply complete application below for Florence & Earle Stewart Book/Cultural Event Scholarship funds to purchase Event tickets for a group of students who are full-time status during Fall Quarter/Semester 2016:
- On Friday, October 14th at 4:30 p.m., applications from EWU students (full-time) to EWU Faculty for Florence & Earle Stewart Book/Event Scholarship will be closed for Fall Quarter/Semester 2016.
- Beginning October 21th, this office will forward to the EWU Bookstore all approved book requests to order for all full-time EWU students awarded Florence & Earle Stewart Book/Event Scholarship for Fall Quarter/Semester 2016.
- December 9th is the last day full-time EWU students awarded this scholarship to submit their receipt for reimbursement of event ticket purchased.