Undergraduate Studies and Student Success (USSS)The Office of Undergraduate Studies and Student Success (USSS) collaborates with faculty to develop and evaluate undergraduate courses, programs and articulations; review and revise university academic policies and procedures; and coordinate course assessment.
117 Showalter Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Florence & Earle Stewart Book and Cultural Event Scholarship
Established in 1989, the Florence & Earle Stewart Book and Cultural Event Scholarship is offered to students at Eastern Washington University as a way ... "for students to begin building a personal lifetime library or to experience cultural activities to the symphony, theater, etc."
Books awarded by this fund are primarily intended to be cultural additions to the recipient's personal library. Students can apply for 1) up to two books; 2) apply for one ticket to a cultural event plus one book; or 3) apply for one cultural event.
When to apply
To be considered for this scholarship please complete the online application by established deadline of each quarter/semester (summer quarter not included) indicated in section below. Completed applications must include the title of the book, 13 digit IBSN, type of educational or cultural event, and the actual cost (including tax and shippping) of the book or event. Incomplete or late applications, or requests materially exceeding the annual dollar limit for a student, will as a rule not be processed. Substitutions will not be allowed after the award has been approved.
How to apply
- Complete an online Florence and Earle Stewart Book/Cultural Event Scholarship Application.
- Write a short essay.
- Obtain a review of the book(s) or cultural event, from a professor, library or internet source.
- Submit an online application by the deadline by clicking on the link indicated below.
SPRING QUARTER/SEMESTER 2016 DEADLINES
As of March 28th, EWU students full-time during Spring Quarter/Semester 2016 may apply for Florence & Earle Stewart Book/Cultural Event Scholarship by clicking on application form link: APPLY NOW FOR STEWART BOOK/EVENT SCHOLARSHIP
Also EWU Faculty may apply complete application below for Florence & Earle Stewart Book/Cultural Event Scholarship funds to purchase Event tickets for a group of students who are full-time status during Spring Quarter/Semester 2016:
- On April 22nd at 4:30 p.m., the applications from EWU students (full-time) and EWU Faculty for Florence & Earle Stewart Book/Event Scholarship will be closed for Spring Quarter/Semester 2016.
- Beginning May 2nd thru May 13th, this office will forward to the EWU Bookstore all approved book requests to order for all full-time EWU students awarded Florence & Earle Stewart Book/Event Scholarship for Spring Quarter/Semester 2016.
- May 27th is the last day full-time EWU students awarded this scholarship to submit their receipt for reimbursement of event ticket purchased.