Greetings from SAILStudent Activities, Involvement & Leadership (SAIL) creates activities that entertain you, educate you, and help you become leaders.
110 Sutton Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Tips for Sorority Recruitment
What are recommendation letters? Are they required?
Recommendation letters are often written by sorority alumnae on your behalf to provide more insight about you for that alumna’s specific organization. A family friend or relative may write the letter and send it directly to her own chapter. Recommendation letters are not mandatory; chapters will seek out a recommendation letter over the summer if needed.
Questions to Ask During Recruitment
Sorority recruitment is about engaging in good conversations with women throughout the sorority community. Here are some questions you can ask at the chapters throughout recruitment!
- How can I get involved?
- What activities are you/your chapter involved in?
- I am interested in __________. How are you involved in this organization/major or how can I get involved with it on campus?
- What is the time commitment in your chapter?
- What is your favorite sorority memory?
- What are the benefits of being in a sorority?
- What are the benefits of being in your chapter?
- What do you love about being a sorority woman?
- What do you love about being in your chapter?
- What was your freshman year like?
- What GPA am I required to maintain?
- What is your philanthropy?
- What is your live-in requirement?
- What is it like living in?
Review the 2016 Recruitment Guide to get a better understanding of the Sororites at EWU!