WA State and EWU Employee Tuition Waivers
Find out how to use the WA state employee or EWU employee tuition waiver.
201 Sutton Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
WA State and EWU Employee Tuition Waivers
WA State Employee Tuition Waiver Information
As authorized by RCW 28B.15.558 a Washington state employee may apply for a tuition fee waiver under the following criteria:
1. Must apply to, be admitted to, and degree seeking at Eastern Washington University.
2. Non-Degree registrations may not be used in conjunction with waiver.
3. State employees must hold not less than a ½ time permanent position and classified as an employee of a state agency and certified by their agency Human Resource Services Representative as eligible for the exemption.
A State Employee of Washington Tuition Fee Waiver Request Form must be submitted for each quarter and received by the Records and Registration office no less than 15 business days prior to the first day of the quarter (no exceptions). Waiver request forms received after this date will not be accepted.
Spring 2013 WA State Employee Tuition Waiver Request Form deadline: March 11, 2013.
State employees are eligible to register on the first day of the quarter by completing an in-person registration form. If employees register prior to the first day of the quarter, all courses will be dropped from their schedule by the Records and Registration office. Registration must take place in person at any one of two locations: the 2nd floor of Sutton Hall at any front counter station or the Student Support Center, Phase 1 Bldg, Room 101, EWU Spokane, Riverpoint Campus. The $30 non-refundable registration fee and other fees are due at time of registration. EWU accepts cash, bankcard (Visa, MasterCard) or check.
There must be space available in the course for registration to occur. Participants approved to use the tuition fee waiver will not be allowed to waitlist or get instructor permission to over enroll in a course.
A maximum of six (6) quarter hours are allowed. Employees enrolled for more than six (6) credits are not eligible for the waiver and will be responsible for full tuition for all credits.
A non-refundable registration fee of $30 per quarter will be assessed to each participant to cover the costs of program administration. In addition, participants will be charged for special course fees, when applicable. Late registration, add, drop and withdrawal fees will be charged according to the published Add / Drop / Fees schedule printed in the quarterly course announcements (Page 2).
The tuition waiver can not be used for self-support courses, including summer session or for individualized instruction (such as independent study, directed study, thesis, dissertation, research, internship, tutorial, private lesson, or practicum). The University may exclude certain state-funded courses or programs on the basis of academic or fiscal considerations. State employees using the waiver are not eligible to use services and facilities supported by service and activity fees nor are they eligible to purchase tickets to athletic or performing arts events at student rates.
Grades will be determined and posted to transcripts in the same manner as regular tuition students. We do not send out grades. Grades are available on your EagleNET account.
EWU Employee Tuition Waiver Information
As authorized by RCW 28B.15.558 and EWU Policy, eligible employees may take up to 10 credits for a $5 fee (plus all applicable course fees and/or late fees that may apply). Registration of over 10 credit hours and/or registering for course(s) earlier than 7-days prior to the beginning of the quarter negates the employee's eligibility for the tuition waiver and will result in full tuition and fees being assessed. The EWU Employee Tuition Waiver form must be submitted at the time of registration. All fees must be paid in full at time of registration.
Self-support and summer session courses are not eligible for tuition waivers. There must be space available in the course for registration to occur. Participants approved to use the tuition fee waiver will not be allowed to waitlist or get instructor permission to over enroll in a course. Membership in the university recreational facilities is required to register for any classes housed in those facilities. Recreational facilities include the University Recreation Center, PHASE and all university fields and courts. Membership is attained in one of two ways: either by paying the mandatory URC fee as a student or by purchasing an employee or community membership for the period of the class.
To be eligible for the EWU Employee Tuition Waiver you must meet the following requirements:
1. Be a permanent employee of Eastern Washington University. Classified employees must have obtained permanent status.
3. Submit a completed EWU Employee Tuition Waiver form for any course(s) added after an initial waiver form has been submitted.
4. If seeking a degree, the employee must be formally admitted to the University by the published admissions deadline.
5. Pay the $5 non-refundable tuition waiver fee and all applicable course and/or late fees at the time of registration. Membership in the university recreational facilities is required to register for any classes housed in those facilities. Recreational facilities include the University Recreation Center, PHASE and all university fields and courts. Membership is attained in one of two ways: either by paying the mandatory URC fee as a student or by purchasing an employee or community membership for the period of the class.
6. Request registration for state supported course(s) no earlier than seven days before the beginning of the quarter.