Auditing ClassesIf you are interested in taking a course and do not need the course credit or a grade, please read the instructions below for requesting to audit a course at EWU.Records and Registration
201 Sutton Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
- Authorization to audit will be granted only for courses using the lecture method of instruction.
- Auditors will not be allowed access to individual instruction or to equipment or to supplies in conjunction with the course and are not entitled to student benefits.
- Audit authorization will be granted on a space-available basis during the first ten days of the quarter.
- Auditing a course requires the written permission of the instructor and the department chair or academic dean.
- The audit fee will be assessed at the current per-credit tuition, unless the auditor is eligible for the senior citizen waiver or special summer session audit rate.
- The University will maintain no official record of the auditor's participation in the course.
- The auditor's "Audit Authorization" form may be cancelled by the instructor at any time during the quarter by notifying the auditor, the department chair and the registrar.
- The audit fee is non-refundable.
Senior citizens (age 60 or older), who are residents of Washington state, may audit lecture courses for no audit fee.