EWU Core ThemesOur Core themes are based upon EWU's Mission, Vision and Values
Showalter Hall 220
Cheney, WA 99004
EWU Core Themes
The EWU Mission articulates our purpose as an institution of higher education. The shared mission, vision and values give direction for our collective efforts to achieve our institutional goals.
The three EWU Core Themes represent the essential themes of our mission. Each Core Theme has specific objectives, which are accompanied by stated outcomes and meaningful and verifiable indicators of achievement used to measure our progress in accomplishing the desired outcomes. This framework provides a means for self assessment of our progress in achieving our goals.
NWCCU reports containing all Core Themes and objectives:
- Ad Hoc Self-Evaluation Report, Response to Recommendation 1 of the Spring 2012 Year Three Resources and Capacity Peer-Evaluation Report (Most recent listing of Core Themes)
- Year Three Self-Evaluation Report: Standard One: Mission, Core Themes, and Expectations Standard 2: Resources and Capacity
Core Theme #1: A rigorous and engaged student learning experience
- Objective 1.1: Persistence and progress toward educational goals
- Objective 1.2: Programs aligned with mission and academic vision
- Objective 1.3: Supportive environments for learning and living
Core Theme # 2: An academic community that supports and engages faculty and staff throughout their careers
- Objective 2.1: A campus culture of participation and engagement that recognizes and supports faculty, staff and students
- Objective 2.2: Hiring, recruiting, and retention practices aligned with mission and academic goals