Cheney, WA 99004
Influenza (the flu) is a contagious respiratory illness caused by influenza viruses. It can cause mild to severe illness, and at times can lead to death. The best way to prevent the flu is by getting a flu vaccination each year.
The Basics of Flu Prevention:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you sneeze or cough.
- Use a tissue to wipe or blow your nose and quickly throw away used tissue.
- Stay at home to avoid spreading germs when you have a cough or fever.
- Follow your doctor's instructions, including taking medicine as prescribed and getting lots of rest.
Visit our Health and Wellness page for more essential information on cold and flu.