Flooding & Water Damage, Winter Weather, Thunder/Lightning Storms, Earthquakes, Tornadoes
Cheney, WA 99004
If a power outage occurs:
- Notify Work Order Desk and Dispatch at 359-2245 immediately during business hours. After hours, weekends, and holidays call the Operations Control Center at 359-6460 (24 hours).
- Advise of your location and any details regarding the outage. Indicate whether there is any critical equipment in imminent danger.
- If you are in an unlit area, proceed cautiously to an area that has emergency lighting.
- Provide assistance to people in your immediate vicinity.
- Turn off computers or other electronic equipment at the power source.
- If you are in an elevator, stay calm. Attempt to use the emergency alarm and intercom to notify Public Safety.
- If the power outage has taken out the emergency power generator, remain calm. Help will come.
- Stand by for instructions. If instructed to evacuate, proceed to the appropriate assembly area
Classes will occasionally be cancelled when severe weather threatens:
- If such an event is forecast or is occurring, call the 24-Hour Recorded Message at 359-7669 (SNOW Line) for campus closure and other information.
- Tune to KEWU FM at 89.5 MHz or to local television or radio stations for up to date information.
- Keep in emergency kit in your car that includes first aid kit, flashlight and extra batteries and extra clothing appropriate for the season.
- Keep a flashlight and extra batteries in your office.
- Plan your transportation needs. Do not attempt to drive in severe weather conditions.