Cheney, WA 99004
If an earthquake occurs:
- Remain calm.
- Drop to the floor. Cover yourself. Crawl under a table or desk away from windows. Hold on to your shelter. Place your head between your knees to protect your face from flying glass or debris.
- Stay where you are. Do not enter or exit a building during shaking.
- Stay away from windows, mirrors, overhead fixtures, filing cabinets, bookcases, and electrical equipment.
- Do not use matches, lighters, candles, or electrical switches. Use flashlights.
- If evacuation is ordered, proceed to the appropriate assembly area.
- Do not move seriously injured persons unless they are in obvious, immediate danger.
- Open doors carefully. Watch for falling objects.
- Do not use elevators.
- Avoid using telephones except to report severe emergencies.
- Do not spread rumors.
- Inform emergency/rescue personnel of the location of any trapped person(s).