Explosions may be accidental or deliberate and can be caused by chemicals, natural gas, propane, high pressure steam or an explosive device.
If you see/hear an explosion:
· CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY.
· Be prepared for possible further explosions.
· Leave the area, if possible.
· If unable to leave, take cover under a table or desk or in a windowless interior room, such as a restroom.
· Stay away from windows, mirrors, overhead fixtures, filing cabinets, bookcases, heavy objects, and electrical equipment.
· If evacuation is ordered, proceed to the appropriate assembly area.
· Do not move seriously injured persons unless they are in obvious, immediate danger.
· Open doors carefully. Watch for falling objects.
· Do not use elevators.
· Do not use matches or lighters.
· Do not spread rumors.
· Be prepared for fire or power failure to follow explosions.