When to Call, When Not to Call, How to Call
WHEN TO CALL 9-1-1
- Call 9-1-1 when life and/or property are in immediate danger.
- When you see smoke or a fire.
- When you see a crime being committed.
- When rescue or emergency medical assistance is needed.
WHEN NOT TO CALL 9-1-1
- Never call 9-1-1 as a joke!
- DO not dial 9-1-1 for information, such as road or weather conditions, area power outages, or directions.
HOW TO CALL 9-1-1
- Dial 9-1-1 (no need to dial 5).
- Give the operator the nature of the emergency.
- Give your exact location and cross street.
- Give the telephone number from which you are calling.
- DO NOT HANG UP.