202 Huston Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Info for Web Publishers
Becoming a Web Publisher at Eastern
The content on Eastern's website is created and maintained by faculty, staff and student web publishers across campus using the Ingeniux Web Content Management System or CMS. This editing system can be accessed from anywhere, on or off campus via a web browser and internet connection, and is designed to be very easy to use. If you can use MS Word, you can create and edit your department's website.
To receive access to the CMS you'll need to:
- Be designated a web publisher by your department
- Receive training by attending the CMS 101 class available for sign-up on the training scheduler.
- If you are a student, please have your supervisor submit a Help Desk ticket with the following information:
- Request Type: Customer Requests > I need help with web services > Web Publishing
- Student Full Name
- Student EWU ID Number
- Student Email Address
- Web Area homepage (if applicable)
To watch the CMS Quick Start screencast go to:https://wiki.ewu.edu/webdev/Category:CMS
Download the CMS Basic Training Handout. Once you have viewed the tutorials and studied the training handout please submit a ticket stating your request to schedule a short meeting during which we will set up your access and answer any questions you may have about web publishing.
Contact Component - How to create and manage left sidebar contact information
Related Links Component - How to create a Related Links Component (the two red buttons in the left sidebar)