New Student Online OrientationNew Student Online Orientation
300 Showalter Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
STEP 2: Setup EWU Student E-mail
Part of becoming an Eastern Eagle is setting up your Eastern email account. Since all official University email communication will be sent to your Eagles email account it is mandatory that an account be set up.
How do I set up my Eagles Email account?
- Set up your official email address by going to: https://itech.ewu.edu/email/
- Click Create / Setup Student E-mail (under Start Here).
- This will take to you to the Eastern Single Sign-On (SSO) website. Enter your EWU NetID and password and clickLogin.
- If you don't know your NetID and Password, click (Need your NetID/Password??).
- Click the Student button.
- Fill in your EWUID, name, and birth date.
- Click Verify Me and you will be given an EWU NetID for your Eastern SSO account.Set a password for your Eastern SSO account. The password must be at least 8 characters: at least 1 capital, 1 lowercase, and 1 number OR special character (for example: Administr6).
- Log into Eastern SSO with your NetID and password.
- Once you've logged into Eastern SSO, you'll be asked to choose a username for your Eagles E-mail account: email@example.com.
- You will be given a TEMPORARY PASSWORD once your username has been verified.
- Log into your Eagles E-mail account at: http://mail.eagles.ewu.edu/. Make sure to type your entire Eagles E-mail address (including @eagles.ewu.edu) into the Windows Live ID field and type/paste in the temporary password you were given.
- Create a new password and set a security question.
- MUST DO: Return to the log-in page: http://mail.eagles.ewu.edu/ and log-in to activate your account.