firstSTEP OrientationSummer firstSTEP Orientation
354 Pence Union Building (PUB)
Cheney, WA 99004
firstSTEP Orientation is a required one-day summer academic orientation for all incoming first year students (Freshmen, Transfer, non-traditional with zero or fewer than 40 university/college credits and ALL former Running Start Students) who have confirmed their intent to enroll for Fall Quarter 2016. Parents and guests are encouraged to accompany students.
Are you a Transfer student coming to EWU with more than 40 university/college credits? Please visit our Transfer Session webpage.
Students attending the firstSTEP Orientation will:
- Learn about academic requirements;
- Meet with an academic advisor to learn the steps to earn a degree and receive their fall quarter class schedule;
- Have the opportunity to meet with and build relationships with faculty, staff, and peers and learn about the campus and surrounding community;
- Visit select residence halls;
- Receive detailed information regarding academic expectations of students and relevant academic policies;
- Connect with campus support services to ensure a smooth transition to campus; and
- Meet other Eastern students!
Family/Guests attending the firstSTEP Orientation will:
- Have the opportunity to sign up for the EWU Parent E-Blast (Listserv) to receive campus information and other related news;
- Learn about your student's academic requirements;
- Have the opportunity to meet with and build relationships with faculty, staff, and other EWU parents and learn about the campus and surrounding community;
- Connect with campus support services to ensure that your student experiences a smooth transition to campus;
- Visit select residence halls; and
- Meet other Eastern families!
Summer 2016 firstSTEP Orientation Session Dates (all Fridays) for first year students (Freshmen, Transfer, non-traditional) with zero or fewer than 40 university/college credits and ALL former Running Start Students:
June 17 CLOSED
June 24 CLOSED
July 8 CLOSED
July 15 CLOSED
July 22 CLOSED
July 29 CLOSED
August 5 CLOSED
August 12 CLOSED
All firstSTEP Orientation sessions have closed. If you are a first year student, please contact the office of Undergraduate Academic Advising 509.359.2345 for assistance with connecting you with your academic advisor and schedule a fall quarter advising session.
Information is available to you via our Online Orientation. If you need assistance with any other aspect of your transition to EWU please contact us, we are here to help.
If you have successfully signed up for firstSTEP you will receive a confirmation e-mail with details and your Pre-Orientation Homework that requires your action that is time sensitive.
If you will have family members or guests attend they each will have to purchase a lunch ticket three (3) days before attending firstSTEP. Lunch purchase link is coming soon. NOTE: Students who have successfully registered for orientation session will receive lunch the day of at no additional cost.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
firstSTEP Session Resources
For more information, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) webpage.
Student Sample Schedule Note: firstSTEP will run from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Participating students MUST check in between 7am and 8am.
- Family/Guest firstSTEP Luncheon Ticket Store