firstSTEP OrientationSummer firstSTEP Orientation
300 Showalter Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
firstSTEP Orientation is a required one-day summer academic orientation for all incoming first year students (Freshmen, Transfer, non-traditional with zero or fewer than 40 university/college credits and ALL former Running Start Students) who have confirmed their intent to enroll for Fall Quarter. Parents and guests are encouraged to accompany students.
Are you a Transfer student coming to EWU with more than 40 university/college credits? Please visit our Transfer Session webpage.
Students attending the firstSTEP Orientation will:
- Learn about academic requirements;
- Meet with an academic advisor to learn the steps to earn a degree and receive their fall quarter class schedule;
- Have the opportunity to meet with and build relationships with faculty, staff, and peers and learn about the campus and surrounding community;
- Visit select residence halls;
- Receive detailed information regarding academic expectations of students and relevant academic policies;
- Connect with campus support services to ensure a smooth transition to campus; and
- Meet other Eastern students!
Family/Guests attending the firstSTEP Orientation will:
- Have the opportunity to sign up for the EWU Parent E-Blast (Listserv) to receive campus information and other related news;
- Learn about your student's academic requirements;
- Have the opportunity to meet with and build relationships with faculty, staff, and other EWU parents and learn about the campus and surrounding community;
- Connect with campus support services to ensure that your student experiences a smooth transition to campus;
- Visit select residence halls; and
- Meet other Eastern families!
2017 Summer firstSTEP Orientation Dates (all Fridays) are below. firstSTEP invitations and registration directions will be sent and posted on April 3. Meanwhile, please review the dates below and check your calendars to see what date will work best.
- June 23
- June 30
- July 14
- July 21
- July 28
- August 4
- August 11
- August 18
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
firstSTEP Session Resources
For more information, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) webpage.
Student Sample Schedule (will be posted on or before June 5) Note: firstSTEP will run from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Participating students MUST check in between 7am and 8am.
Family/Guest Sample Schedule (will be posted on or before June 5)
- Family/Guest firstSTEP Luncheon Ticket Store (will be posted on or before June 5)