firstSTEP OrientationSummer firstSTEP Orientation
322 Pence Union Building (PUB)
Cheney, WA 99004
firstSTEP Orientation is a required one-day summer academic orientation for incoming first year students who have confirmed their intent to enroll for Fall Quarter 2015. Parents and guests are encouraged to accompany students.
Transfer students with 40 or MORE university/college credits will attend our Transfer Express Orientation (TEO) September 21, 2015. Visit our TEO website for more information and registration directions.
Students attending the firstSTEP Orientation will:
- Learn about academic requirements;
- Meet with an academic advisor to learn the steps to earn a degree and receive their fall quarter class schedule;
- Have the opportunity to meet with and build relationships with faculty, staff, and peers and learn about the campus and surrounding community;
- Visit select residence halls;
- Receive detailed information regarding academic expectations of students and relevant academic policies;
- Connect with campus support services to ensure a smooth transition to campus; and
- Meet other Eastern students!
family/Guests attending the firstSTEP Orientation will:
- Have the opportunity to sign up for the EWU Parent E-Blast (Listserv) to receive campus information and other related news;
- Learn about your student's academic requirements;
- Have the opportunity to meet with and build relationships with faculty, staff, and other EWU parents and learn about the campus and surrounding community;
- Connect with campus support services to ensure that your student experiences a smooth transition to campus;
- Visit select residence halls; and
- Meet other Eastern families!
Summer 2015 firstSTEP Orientation Session Dates
For EWU first year students (Freshman, Transfer, non-traditional, and all former Running Start students) with zero or FEWER than 40 university/college credits:
- June 19 SESSION CLOSED
- June 26 SESSION CLOSED
- July 10 SESSION CLOSED
- July 17 SESSION CLOSED
- July 24 SESSION CLOSED
- July 31 SESSION CLOSED
- August 7 SESSION CLOSED
- August 14 SESSION CLOSED
All 2015 firsSTEP Orientation sessions have closed. If you are a first year student please contact the office of Undergraduate Academic Advising 509.359.2345 for assitance with connecting you with your academic advisor and schedule a fall quarter advising session.
If you will have family members or guests attend they each will have to purchase a lunch ticket HERE three (3) days before attendingfirstSTEP. Students who have successfully registered for orientation session will receive lunch the day of at no additional cost.
Student Sample Schedule Note: firstSTEP will run from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Participating students MUST check in bewtween 7am and 8am.