Summer firstSTEP Orientation
322 Pence Union Building (PUB)
Cheney, WA 99004
firstSTEP Orientation is a required one-day summer academic orientation for incoming students who have confirmed their intent to enroll for Fall Quarter 2014. Parents and guests are encouraged to accompany students.
Students attending the firstSTEP Orientation will:
- Learn about academic requirements;
- Meet with an academic advisor to develop a course schedule and register for fall quarter classes;
- Have the opportunity to meet with and build relationships with faculty, staff, and peers and learn about the campus and surrounding community;
- Receive detailed information regarding academic expectations of students and relevant academic policies; and
- Connect with campus support services to ensure a smooth transition to campus.
Parents attending the firstSTEP Orientation will:
- Have the opportunity to sign up for the EWU Parent E-Blast (Listserv) to receive campus information and other related news;
- Learn about your student's academic requirements;
- Have the opportunity to meet with and build relationships with faculty, staff, and other EWU parents and learn about the campus and surrounding community;
- Connect with campus support services to ensure that your student experiences a smooth transition to campus.
Summer 2014 firstSTEP Orientation Session Dates
For students (freshman, transfer, Non-EWU Running Start, etc.) with 16 or MORE university/college credits.
Friday, June 20
Monday, June 30
Monday, July 14
For students (freshman, transfer, Non-EWU Running Start, etc.) with zero or FEWER than 16 university/college credits.
Friday, June 27
Friday, July 11
Friday, July 18
Friday July 25
Friday, August 8
Friday, August 15
Friday, August 22
If you are current EWU Running Start Student CLICK HERE for fall quarter registration options and instructions.
firstSTEP Registration Directions
If you have not done so, please confirm your intent to enroll at EWU by visiting: www.ewu.edu/confirm.
- Setup your NetID and Password and SAVE. To do so, you will need your EWUID, To begin Click Here.
- To successfully register for a firstSTEP Orientation Session, you will have to enter your student e-mail. To setup your student e-mail Click here to begin. ATTENTION: SAVE your new email and password. You will have to login to your student e-mail account at least once for it to be activated. To login now go to http://mail.eagles.ewu.edu.
- To begin your firstSTEP Orientation Session Registration please read the directions below then Click Here to go to the firstSTEP Registration Form.
- Once you click on the registration form link you will be taken to OrgSync. Once in OrgSync click on search community and search for Eastern Washington University as your community.
- Click on sign in with your campus ID. You will be taken to the EWU Single Sign-On page and enter your NetID (see #2 above) and password.
- Once signed in click on Begin Form.
- If you will have family members or guests attend the firstSTEP Orientation Session they each will have to purchase a lunch ticket HERE one (1) week before attending the firstSTEP Session. NOTE: Students that have successfully registered for their firstSTEP Orientation Session will receive lunch the day of at no additional cost.
If you have any questions or would like to make changes to your registration please call us at 509.359.6843.
firstSTEP sample schedules will be posted soon.
For more information including local logging infomration please visit our firstSTEP Orientation FAQs page.