Preparing Content for MarComPreparing Content
102 Hargreaves Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Preparing Content for MarCom
Photographs and scans
The MarCom staff can help you select photographs appropriate for your publication or advise you on what photos need to be taken.
- MarCom does not have a full-time photographer; therefore, it is important that photo shoots are arranged well in advance.
- If you are submitting photographs, we prefer color slides, color prints or black and white prints.
Guidelines for supplying artwork
Xerox Jobs (b/w or color)
- Jpegs, tiffs, eps and illustrator files are all fine – (150 dpi – 300 dpi is sufficient)
- Providing photo prints, negatives or transparencies is fine
Print Jobs (high quality or large quantities)
- Images should be in jpeg, eps or tif format at 300 dpi.
- Please provide images independent of the file - do not embed images into the document.
- Photoshop files should be saved as .psd. Flattened images cannot be adjusted.
- Please provide original photos as print, negative or transparency. We can do high resolution scanning in-house.
- If you are providing photos digitally, please do not make corrections - simply provide the files as a tif or jpg, 300 dpi.
- If you take photos on a digital camera, please be sure to take photos in the highest resolution possible. Digital photos must be 150-300 dpi to be print-ready.
Hard and Print Copies
Please submit your content in hard copy as well as an electronic file. The electronic file may be submitted on disk or by e-mail. Your hard copy should be double-spaced and formatted to indicate indents, heads, subheads, boldface, italics, etc. Your electronic file should be clean of all formatting.