EWU Freshman ProfileInteresting Facts about our Freshmen
220 Showalter Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
EWU Freshman Profile
This page contains links to data that relate directly to who our freshmen are, what they think and what they hope to achieve. Data are from a variety of data sources, including Banner student data, the EWU Common Data Set and survey data.
First-time Full-time Freshman Demographics- Official statistics as of Fall 10th day
- First-time First-Year Enrollment by Time Status and Gender, Fall 2006 - Fall 2016
- First-time Full-time Freshman Diversity, Fall 2016
- First-time Freshman County of Origin, Fall 2016
Entering Freshman Characteristics-including SAT and high school GPA
Freshman Majors of Interest and Credit Load
- Freshman Majors of Interest Fall 2015
This list reflects incoming student majors of interest. Students must formally declare their majors by their junior year.
- First-time Full-time Freshman Credit Load, Fall 2010 - 2015
CIRP Incoming Freshman Survey
- 2015 CIRP Infographic-Comparison of EWU data highlights
- 2015 CIRP Analysis_of EWU Data-- PowerPoint presentation provided by CIRP
- 2012 CIRP Analysis of Data: Items of Interest
- 2010 CIRP Executive Summary with National Norm Comparison
- 2010 CIRP Analysis of Data: Items of Interest
- 2010 CIRP Analysis of Former Running Start and First Generation Students, 2010
- The American Freshman: Fifty-year Trends- 1966 - 20015- CIRP highlights of 50 years of data on more than 15 million incoming first-year college students.
- 2012 CIRP survey profile of EWU Freshman
- 2010 CIRP survey profile of EWU Freshmen
Note: Although this survey is representative of the attitudes and beliefs of our incoming freshmen, the demographic results do not match actual Banner data. For accurate demographic data of our freshman population, please refer to reports based on Banner data, such as the First-time Full-time Freshman Diversity report above.
CIRP Longitudinal Analysis
- 2010-2012 CIRP Civic Engagement Items
- 2004 - 2012 CIRP Self-concept items with CIRP norms comparison
Other Freshman Surveys
A survey of freshman perceptions, 2009
This document contains a list of statements that our Freshmen agreed or disagreed with regarding their experiences at EWU. The survey was administered by the Office of Institutional Research, Demography & Assessment in late winter and early spring of 2009 and the questions were created by an external researcher for a Lumina grant. Agreement was determined by the mean of the responses to each question within a 4 point likert scale: "Strongly Disagree", "Disagree", "Agree" or "Strongly Agree". Statistics are not included in order to focus on the general perceptions of our freshman. Specific data are available from the Office of Institutional Research for those that are interested in the statistical details.
2008 Beginning College Survey of Student Expectations (BCSSE) Full report
The BCSSE measures entering first-year students' pre-college academic and co-curricular experiences, as well as their expectations and attitudes for participating in educationally purposeful activities during the first college year.
BCSSE Expectations Summary- A summary of student expectations regarding frequency and time spent on activities, academic preparation, the importance of college environment and grade expectations.
BCSSE 08 Expectations Matched with NSSE 09 Experiences
The document compares the actual reported high school experiences of our 2008 freshman cohort with the college expectations of these students upon entering EWU and their actual experiences during their first year at EWU. Data limitations: only 98 students (22%) of the original 2008 BSSE sample took the 2009 NSSE. The comparison is based only on data provided by these 98 respondents.