Housing & Residential Life at Eastern...where your college experience begins!Apply Now
1027 Cedar St.
Cheney, WA 99004
Residence Hall Association (RHA)
The Residence Hall Association (RHA) is an extension of the Hall Council and is the overseeing council for all seven residence halls. It consists of the Executive Board and a Hall Representative from each building. The purpose of the RHA is to provide activities to promote individual growth of the residents living within the halls, to act as the student's voice and represent the students on issues concerning the university and Residential Life.
Since 1999, the Residence Hall Association has provided a convenient, affordable way to ensure you have sheets that will fit the extra-long mattresses in our residence halls. The Residence Hall Linens program has all your campus living needs, from extra long twin sheets and comforters to matching towels and storage items. Free shipping is available on all Value Pak orders, and there are over 40 color combinations to choose from. Proceeds from this program go to the RHA and are used for programming in the residence halls at Eastern Washington University. Please visit the RHL website www.rhl.org/ewu
- President - Overseer of entire RHA with the help of the professional Housing staff advisors to the group
- Vice President - Presides over RHA when the President is unable to attend the meetings. S/he is also responsible for elections and is the keeper of the constitution
- Secretary - Records and keeps records of RHA meetings
- Treasurer - Keeps a record of all money transactions and budget for RHA each quarter
- National Communications Coordinator - Chief liaison to regional/national conferences and handles all correspondence to national organization
- Programming Coordinator - Provides leadership and direction for programming
- Publicity Officer - Coordinates the creation and distribution of marketing materials and management of social media accounts.
Selection for each of the Executive Officers is done each Spring or depending on position vacancies. Watch for advertisements! Candidates are required to submit an application prior to elections, which will be provided during RHA meetings or by request. During a standard election, candidates will give a short presentation to the general assembly and current executive board. This presentation should include, but is not limited to, their qualifications and reasons for interest in a specific Executive Officer position. Executive Officers may be required to return to the residence halls 5 days before the start of Fall quarter for additional training and implementation of Move In Weekend programming.