Housing and Residential Life
1027 Cedar St.
Cheney, WA 99004
In the Salish language, words are not capitalized. Therefore, to honor the Salish language, the name of the hall is in lower case.
EWU's new residence hall, snyamncut (pronounced: sin-yam-en-suit), is the Salish word for place of gathering, with the connotation of it being a special place of emotional attachment-a place of the heart. It was a special meeting place for the Spokane Tribe; an area that was mainly used for rest, relaxation and decision-making.
Salish is a shared language with different dialects used by several northwest tribal people. Interior Salish is the native language of the Spokane Tribe that lived in our area.
|Address: 1027 Cedar St, Cheney, WA 99004|
- Next to the URC
- Home of the Housing and Residence Hall Association offices
- Full kitchens on every floor with tables and chairs
- Variety of room styles:
- - Doubles
- Great room on the first floor with gas fire place
- Game rooms on every resident floor
- Lounges on every floor with natural lighting
- Covered front porch patio
Living Learning Communities:
Area Coordinator: Gina Ondercin, PhD, email@example.com