Housing & Residential Life at Eastern...where your college experience begins!Apply Now
1027 Cedar St.
Cheney, WA 99004
Every book, movie and song about college has one thing in common: the best college experiences mean living on campus, which is why EWU offers award-winning housing programs and multiple housing options.
EWU also offers the most affordable campus housing of any public university in Washington state. It doesn't hurt that we were ranked the safest public university campus in Washington, or that we can out-compete the cost of living off-campus.
The Benefits of Living on Campus
- Graduate earlier and earn higher grades. Academic studies have shown that when you live on campus, you perform better in school.
- Have more fun and be happier. Those same academic studies show that living on campus helps you meet more people, have more fun and be happier about your college experience.
- Be close to everything. You're minutes away from all your friends, your classes, the library, the gym, the pool, the bookstore, the student union and hundreds of activities, events and services designed just for you.
- Cut the monthly bills. Don't stress about paying all the bills for rent, high speed internet access, basic phone service, gas, electricity, furniture, utilities, groceries, gym membership, yoga classes, cable TV and more. (Whew! That's a lot of bills.)
- Stop worrying. Have a roommate who leaves you hanging when they don't come up with their share of the rent, utilities or bills? When you live on campus, you never have to worry about it.
- Enjoy your time. When you don't have to commute or fight with traffic, you have more time for studying, getting involved ... or taking a nap!
- Save your gas money for something fun. All students ride the entire STA bus system for free, which means you've got spending money for the mall or your favorite Eastern swag.
- Promote safety and security. EWU is the safest public university campus in Washington state.
- Experience amazing food. You have new options every day. The best part: no dishes.
Choosing the Residence Hall That's Best for You
Before you apply, be sure to visit all of the pages under Residence Hall Overview. Every hall at EWU has its own personality, and you'll find out which hall is best for you.
Apply Early for Sign-Up Bonuses
It pays to live on campus. You can earn Sign-Up Bonuses when you choose your hall and meal plan before May 15.
After You Apply
When you get your room assignment, you'll receive your roommate's name and email address so you can get acquainted with them over the summer. You can tour your room, or a similar room, during the firstSTEP Orientation Program, and you can move in beginning the Friday before the start of fall quarter.
What Students Say about Living on Campus
Students love living on campus, and these testimonials prove it.
"I love living on campus because I love the atmosphere. There is something for everyone and it's so easy to make friends! Also, everything is so close like the gym, PUB and all my classes!"
"What do I enjoy most living on campus? I don't have to drive, and a short, healthy walk is all I need to get to my classes. What else? The friends I have made by living in Morrison Hall are going to be the friends I have for the rest of my life."
-Nathaniel Wolfgang Wood
"One of the biggest reasons for moving back on campus was the fact that financially I would only have to worry about myself. I don't have to worry about my roommates not paying their bills on time. Also, when I live on campus, I'm much more involved with everything including keeping my grades up with study groups, being more involved with my clubs and activities, and just being around my peers. I'm also going to the gym more often, because I live right next to it!
I think the dining service is a huge win for me living on campus. Think about how much time you spend going to the grocery store and picking out food, unloading the food and putting it away, then cooking up a meal, then after the meal is finished, washing the dishes and putting the dishes away. That takes a lot of time! I know a lot of people don't think about that but it's actually a huge time saver to dine on campus. With my meal plan, I feel I eat healthier and make better choices. When I lived off campus I rarely bought fruits or vegetables, but now they are all available to me whenever I want them."
Thank you for your interest in living on campus at Eastern Washington University! You can apply for campus housing at any time by clicking the image below.