Housing & Residential Life at Eastern
...where your college experience begins!Apply Now
121 Tawanka Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Parents and Family
- Message from the Director-Fall 2012
- Winter 2012 Residential Life Newsletter
- What to Do When Your Child is Involved in a Conflict or the Conduct Process
- Resources for Parents (Counseling & Psychological Services)
- Living Learning Communities
How does the classroom enter into the Residence Halls?
- Mail Hints
What are the things I should know as a parent when sending mail and other packages to my student?
- Introduction to Living on Campus
What is the basic information I need to know as a parent?
- Costs and Contracts
- What are the cost and contractual obligations?
- Use an independent cost comparison tool to compare on campus costs with off campus costs. Go to http://www.daveramsey.com/foundationsu/tools/. When it asks for room and board per year, either enter $8,412.00 for a double room with a Gold meal plan (most typical choice) or $9,612.00 for a single room with a Gold meal. If you wish to have a different room type or meal plan, you can find those costs on the Costs and Contracts page.
- Personal Property Insurance
Much like off-campus renter's insurance, this inexpensive policy gives you peace of mind should any personal belongings become lost or stolen while living on campus. Fidelity Associates Insurance is a provider for several universities in the Northwest.
- Understanding FERPA and Privacy Laws
How can parents and guardians get information about their student and their EWU account?
- Health, Wellness and Prevention Services (HWPS)
We recommend visiting this site. Particularly, we suggest that you review the Immunization Information and the Meningococcal Disease links.
- Campus Safety
Please take a moment with your student to go to the Campus Safety page and make yourself familiar with the information on it. The Emergency Response Procedures are especially useful in a practical scenario.
- Want to be notified via text message or email should there be a campus emergency? Sign up today at EWU Alerts!
- Community Standards
What are some of the policies a parent should know?
- Cross-Cultural Opportunities with Asia University America Program (AUAP)
Check out these opportunities to have a Japanese roommate, make Japanese friends, and work for the AUAP program here on campus!
- Since 1999, the Residence Hall Association has provided a convenient, affordable way to ensure you have sheets that will fit the extra-long mattresses in our residence halls. The Residence Hall Linens program has all your campus living needs, from extra long twin sheets and comforters to matching towels and storage items. Free shipping is available on all Value Pak orders, and there are over 40 color combinations to choose from. Proceeds from this program go to the RHA and are used for programming in the residence halls at Eastern Washington University. Please visit the RHL website www.rhl.org/ewu