Housing & Residential Life at Eastern
...where your college experience begins!Apply Now
121 Tawanka Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Because we want you to have the best possible experience living in the residence halls, we offer the opportunity to change rooms up to two times in an academic year. Before beginning the room change process, we ask that you first discuss your situation with your Community Advisor or the professional staff member (your hall director) in your building. Even if they cannot help resolve the issue causing you to want to move, it's important that they are aware of it. At that point we will do our best to put you into a more comfortable situation.
Room changes are reviewed and granted on an individual basis. After submitting your room change you can expect to hear from us within 48 hours. At that time we will ask any clarifying questions we may have about your request and we will begin to work on finding you a new room. Please note we will make this process as quick as possible, but it will be a minimum of three (3) days before you are able to move after you have submitted your request.
Once you have been granted a room change you will receive information about when you can begin to move. After you have begun your move you will have 24 hours to completely check out of your current room (this includes checking out with a Community Advisor and turning in your key).
Tips for a speedy and successful room change:
- Fill out the room change request form completely.
- Provide the phone number and email where you can most easily be reached.
- We will update you via email so check your Eagle email account regularly!
- Be very specific about where you want to move. Include:
- your top three (3) hall choices
- if you would like a roommate or a single room (single rooms are $400 more/qtr)
- if you have a specific roommate request (include their name and EWU ID).
To submit your room change request please click on the link below and complete the online room change request.