Housing & Residential Life at Eastern
...where your college experience begins!Apply Now
1027 Cedar St.
Cheney, WA 99004
Residence Hall Association (RHA)
The Residence HAll Association (RHA) is an extension of the Hall Council and is the overseeing council for all seven residence halls. It consists of the Executive Board and a Hall Representative from each building. The purpose of the RHA is to provide activities to promote individual growth of the residents living within the halls, to act as the student's voice and represent the students on issues concerning the university and Residential Life.
Since 1999, the Residence Hall Association has provided a convenient, affordable way to ensure you have sheets that will fit the extra-long mattresses in our residence halls. The Residence Hall Linens program has all your campus living needs, from extra long twin sheets and comforters to matching towels and storage items. Free shipping is available on all Value Pak orders, and there are over 40 color combinations to choose from. Proceeds from this program go to the RHA and are used for programming in the residence halls at Eastern Washington University. Please visit the RHL website www.rhl.org/ewu
- President- overseer of entire RHA with the help of the Residential Life Coordinator(s) who are advisors to the group
- Vice President- presides over RHA when the President is unable to attend the meetings .S/he is also responsible for elections and is the keeper of the constitution
- Secretary- records and keeps records of RHA meetings.
- Treasurer- keeps a record of all money transactions and budget for RHA each quarter
- National Communications Coordinator- chief liaison to regional/national conferences and handles all correspondence to national organization
- Programming Coordinator- provides leadership and direction for programming
Selections for each of the Executive Offices is done each spring or fall depending on position vacancies. Watch for advertisements. A committee will review each candidate's application and will interview him/her before selecting the Executive Officers. Each Executive Officer is required to return to campus 5 days before the opening of the residence halls in the fall.