Housing & Residential Life at Eastern
...where your college experience begins!Apply Now
121 Tawanka Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Hall Government is a student organization within each residence hall. Each hall has a constitution and is responsible for the activity budget. Officers are selected according to the constitution and the Residential Life Coordinator/Administrative Community Advisor serve in an advisory capacity.
The Hall government is made up of volunteer student leaders called hall officers who form the Executive Council. The Executive council, along with the floor representatives, forms the Hall Government. Being involved with Hall Government is an excellent way to meet new friends and gain new skills.
- President- overseer of entire Hall Government with help of the Residential Life Coordinator/Administrative Community Advisor.
- Vice President- presides over the Hall Government when the President is unable to attend the meeting. S/he is also responsible for elections and is the keeper of the constitution.
- Secretary- records and keeps records of the Executive Council and Hall Council meetings.
- Treasurer- keeps a record of all money transactions for the hall as well as presenting a budget to the residents each quarter.
- Floor Representative- represents the floor at all Hall Council meetings, reports to residents about hall happenings, votes on issues at the meetings, involved in special committees, and organizes floor activities (with the help of Community Advisor).
- RHA Representative- represents the residence hall at all RHA meetings, reports RHA happenings to the hall, and votes on issues at the meetings.
Each hall may have additional Hall Government leadership positions. Check with your Residential Life Coordinator or Administrative Community Advisor.
Elections for each of the Executive Officers are done each spring or fall depending on position vacancies. Watch for advertisements. There is an applications process and an election is held. Each Executive Officer is required to return to campus 5 days prior to the opening of the residence halls in the fall.