Housing & Residential Life at Eastern
...where your college experience begins!Apply Now
1027 Cedar St.
Cheney, WA 99004
Useful Information You Should Know
- 2013-2014 Move-In Guide - (Printable PDF Version)
Know what to bring and when to bring it!
- 2013-2014 Living Guide
- 2013-2014 Sign Up Bonus Information - Our thanks to you!
- List of Allowed Items - This document shows the list of items that are allowed in your room as well as a list of items which are banned. Items are typically banned if they are either a fire threat or a power draw significant enough to cause problems with electrical circuits.
- Internet in the Residence Halls - Get some of your questions answered here and find out who to call for internet connection assistance.
- Parents and Family - Good information for parent but also for students including mail hints, safety information, cross-cultural opportunities, health and wellness, personal property insurance, and FERPA law information regarding your privacy rights.
Programs and Leadership Opportunities
Within our Residence Halls we provide additional opportunities for residents to further their college education by immersing themselves in leadership opportunities within the halls and greater campus community. These programs include NRHH , RHA, and Hall Government . NRHH or National Residence Hall Honorary takes the top 1% of leaders within the halls that embody the vision of EWU Residential Life. RHA or Residential Hall Association is comprised of leaders from each Residence Hall and is the governing body that oversees each of the Residence Halls. Hall Government is an extension of RHA and handles the betterment of its community. Each of these groups hosts and creates activites for residents to enjoy as well as outreach programs to the greater EWU community.
Staff Duties and Expectations
Within each Residence Hall we have placed well trained staff to ensure that the daily operation of the building is a success. To complete this we have one full time Residential Life Coordinator in each of the buildings that oversees a staff of Community Advisors. Community Advisors are in place to help you throughout your time at EWU. There is one on each floor and you should feel free to contact this person about questions you may have. This group works in tandem to create a community and not just a place where students sleep. Further information about Residential Life Staff is provided in this link.