Housing & Residential Life at Eastern
...where your college experience begins!Apply Now
121 Tawanka Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Appeals Process for Contract Termination
Steps for Appealing the Housing and Dining Contract Termination Fees:
- Ensure your reason for your appeal is an approved exemption (see below). If your situation cannot be described by one of the following, it is not appealable.
- Graduation from EWU at the time of cancellation;
- Withdrawal from the University due to documented medical reasons or military service;
- Student teaching, internship, or study abroad (in EWU sponsored program) out of the Spokane/Cheney area.
- Severe financial hardship;
- Designation as primary care-giver for a minor or disabled family member
- Write an appeal letter/email. The appeal letter should include:
- An introduction of yourself and how your circumstances meet one of the approved exemptions;
- Specific details on your unique situation and why it kept you from continuing to live on campus
- Include supporting documentation.
- Acceptable documentation can include, but is not limited to: doctor's verification, call to military service orders, evidence of registration in student teaching/internship program, marriage license/certificate, and financial statements.
- Submit your written appeal to email@example.com or mail to EWU Housing and Residential Life, 121 Tawanka, Cheney, WA 99004-2410.
The appeal letter and necessary documents must be received by Housing and Residential Life within 30 days of the contract termination.
For further questions please reference the contract or contact our office at (509) 359-2451