Tailgating, alternatives, Hosting...
201 University Recreation Center
Cheney, WA 99004
The great American tradition!!! While it is great to get together with friends before the big game and throw some chicken on the BBQ, it is ILLEGAL to consume alcohol in a public place that does not have a license for it. Eastern Washington University does have a license to sell beer INSIDE the stadium, but does not have one for alcohol consumption in the parking lot.
You can still have that get together and enjoy the pre-game festivities. You just cannot consume alcohol.
Throwing a Party
There are a few things that you should know before you have a party:
|The Neighbor:||Your Guests:|
|We all have them. Whether they're good or bad, they can make or break your party so an excellent relationship with them is key.||What to Know|
|Before a party try theseTIPS to satisfy their need to know!|
|So your neighbor called the POLICE?
Don't panic - just follow these simple guidelines:
Responsible Alcohol Consumption
- Responsible alcohol consumption is drinking no more than one alcoholic beverage per hour.
One 12 oz. beer, one 5oz. glass of wine, or one mixed drink that has only one 1oz. shot of alcohol in it is considered one drink.
- Alternating nonalcoholic and alcoholic beverages will make the next morning much easier.
- Drink on a full stomach and have food available while you drink - who doesn't like chips 'n salsa?
- Avoid letting others handle your drink and don't leave it unattended.
- Use your sober designated driver to get home (that doesn't mean the least drunk person).
- Drink moderately. Get a good buzz on, then ride it out and enjoy. You'll love it, everybody around you will love it, and most importantly, you won't wake up with the dreaded hangover, AND you won't be the topic of everybody's morning conversation.
There are many alternatives to drinking. Although, Cheney is fairly small, there are numerous activities, such as hiking, fishing, swimming, bowling, intramural sports and other on-campus events. The city of Spokane is just a few miles down the road to expand your possibilities.
But, let's say that you want to have a get together at your house. How about the EWU theme?? START SOMETHING BIG! Watch that football game ALCOHOL FREE!! If you live in the residence hall's, you can contact the MOCKTAIL CLUB and they will come and serve non-alcoholic drinks at your gathering.