Managing Grants and ContractsThe Office of Grant and Research Development staff assist Project Directors as they manage their grants and contracts.
210 Showalter Hall
Cheney, WA 99004-2444
Managing Grants and Contracts
Post-award staff offer the following services:
New Grant or Contract Orientation
- Meet with new Project Directors to provide an orientation to grants administration responsibilities
- Establish grant/contract accounts
- Assist Project Directors in establishing a system to monitor grant expenses including matching requirements
- Aid Project Directors in reading and interpreting the financial reports for grants and contracts available on Banner Finance
- Monitor grant expenses for compliance with budget
- Alert Project Directors of potential need to modify budget or spending patterns
- Provide assistance to Project Directors on fiscal policies and procedures at the University
- Assist in preparing requests for no cost extensions, re-budgeting, and renewal budgets
- Assist with obtaining extensions of project period and calculation of the amount of carryover of funds
- Assist Project Directors in determining grant reporting requirements
- Assist in interpretation of rules and regulations and the terms and conditions governing awards
- Serve as program liaison with personnel in sponsoring funding agencies
Level of Effort Reporting Policy and Procedures: This supplement to the Post Award Manual explains level of efforing reporting and includes helpful examples.
Level of Effort Reporting Training PowerPoint: This PowerPoint presentation gives simple explanations and examples on how to complete level of effort reports.
The following staff can answer questions about post award issues:
Nancy Miller, Director of Post-award Administration - 509-359-2479
Audrey Anderson, Assistant Director of Post Award - 509-359-6779
Marg Rogers, Grant Project Funding Manager - 509-359-6595