National Conference on Undergraduate Research
EWU Libraries NCUR Award
The EWU Libraries NCUR Award provides for funding for the student researcher to attend NCUR, as well as a cash award of $250 to the individual student researcher or to the research team (to be shared among team members).
- You must be accepted to attend NCUR to apply. To apply for this award, please submit:
- The abstract (as submitted to NCUR)
- A bibliography of sources used in the research or creative process. (Applicants are encouraged to use RefWorks citation management software for organizing and sharing resources.)
- A cover letter no longer than 500 words that addresses
- The steps you took to search for, find, and use library resources
- How you evaluated library resources in order to determine they were suitable for your project
- How library resources informed or affected the outcome of the project
- What you learned about the research process from this project
A panel of EWU librarians will select the winning researcher(s) based on the criteria listed above and will assess overall merit within the context of incorporation of library resources into the research project.
The deadline for applying is Friday, February 1, 2013, at 5:00 PM. Submit materials electronically to Dr. Ted Otto Please put NCUR in the subject line. If you have questions, please email Dr. Ted Otto or contact him by phone at 509.359.2264.
Selection will be made by early February.