firstSTEP OrientationSummer firstSTEP Orientation
300 Showalter Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
firstSTEP Orientation is a required one-day summer academic orientation for all incoming first year students (Freshmen, Transfer, non-traditional with zero or fewer than 40 university/college credits and all former Running Start Students) who have confirmed their intent to enroll for Fall Quarter. Parents and guests are encouraged to accompany students.
Are you a Transfer student coming to EWU with more than 40 university/college credits? Please visit our Transfer Session webpage.
Students attending the firstSTEP Orientation will:
- Learn about academic requirements;
- Meet with an academic advisor to learn the steps to earn a degree and receive their fall quarter class schedule;
- Have the opportunity to meet with and build relationships with faculty, staff, and peers and learn about the campus and surrounding community;
- Visit select residence halls;
- Receive detailed information regarding academic expectations of students and relevant academic policies;
- Connect with campus support services to ensure a smooth transition to campus; and
- Meet other Eastern students!
Family/Guests attending the firstSTEP Orientation will:
- Have the opportunity to sign up for the EWU Parent E-Blast (Listserv) to receive campus information and other related news;
- Learn about your student's academic requirements;
- Have the opportunity to meet with and build relationships with faculty, staff, and other EWU parents and learn about the campus and surrounding community;
- Connect with campus support services to ensure that your student experiences a smooth transition to campus;
- Visit select residence halls; and
- Meet other Eastern families!
2017 Summer firstSTEP Orientation Dates (all Fridays) are below.
- June 23
- June 30
- July 14
- July 21
- July 28
- August 4
- August 11
- August 18
Registration for EWU's firstSTEP Orientation will be by invitation only. To receive an invitation, you must first complete the following:
- Confirm your intent to enroll. If you have not done so, please visit the Admitted Students webpage and follow the STEP 1 directions.
- Setup your NetID and Password and SAVE. To do so, see STEP 2 on the Admitted Students webpage.
- Set up your student Eagles e-mail. To receive an invitation and successfully sign up for a firstSTEP Orientation Session, you will have to set up your student e-mail. To setup your student e-mail see STEP 4 on the Admitted Students webpage.
Your invitation to firstSTEP will be sent to your personal e-mail that you applied to EWU with. Once you successfully registered for firstSTEP you will receive a confirmation e-mail with details and your Pre-Orientation Homework. If you will have family members or guests attend they each will have to purchase a lunch ticket three (3) days before attending firstSTEP. Lunch purchase link is coming soon. NOTE: Students who have successfully registered for orientation session will receive lunch the day of at no additional cost.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
firstSTEP Session Resources
For more information, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) webpage.
Student Sample Schedule (will be posted on or before June 5) Note: firstSTEP will run from 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Participating students MUST check in between 7am and 8am.
Family/Guest Sample Schedule (will be posted on or before June 5)
- Family/Guest firstSTEP Luncheon Ticket Store (will be posted on or before June 5)