CPLA Challenge Exam Information
CPLA Challenge Exam Information
Challenge Exams are posted on the web periodically throughout the quarter. Go to the Challenge Exam Test Time page for a current list of examination times.
IMPORTANT: One can take each test only twice during a quarter and one cannot take the same test twice in the same day.
Pay the $10.00 testing fee through your EagleNet account:
1. Log into EagleNet
2. Choose Student Account
3. Select Pay My Bill
4. Select any Term
5. Select Make a Payment
6. Choose to Click here to make a payment or pay for additional items
7. Click Testing Fees
8. Select the correct testing fee and Add to Shopping
9. Bring your receipt with you to the exam
If you are unable to access EagleNet you can pay at the Cashier's Office, Sutton Hall 2nd Floor, or Riverpoint Center, Phase 1 Building, Room 101.Testing seats are on a first-come, first served basis so please arrive early. EWU students have priority seating over non-EWU students.
Bring your picture ID (eagle card, drivers license) and the testing fee receipt to the testing location. (You must have your EWU Student ID Number).
If a student wants to take an exam outside of a scheduled exam time, it may be possible to arrange a special testing time. The fee is $35.00 for a special test. To schedule a special test contact the Computer Literacy Coordinator at 359-6016. Special testing is subject to proctor and lab availability.
- Exams utilize MS Office Office 2013 and Windows
- Testing seats are available on a first-come, first-served basis, so plan to arrive early.
- Each test is timed (90 minutes). Plan to spend approximately 2 hours on each test.
- Students are allowed to take only one test during each scheduled test time.
- CPLA 100 for a list of test topics
- World Wide Web
- Computer Essentials
- Macintosh Basics
- PC Basics
- CPLA 101 for a list of test topics
- Excel Spreadsheets
- Excel Tables
- Database Search
Purchase the following book from the bookstore and work through the Chapters 1, 2, and 3 (Word), Chapters 1, 2, and 3 (PowerPoint), Chapters 1, 2 and 3 (Excel), Chapter 2 (Basic Computer Concepts): - GO! with Microsoft Office 2013 Introductory .
Acquire an online access code at myitlab.com. Register as a student. Choose the Microsoft Office 2013> version of the software (enroll in lemelin87556). Work through the training for each application. There are training assignments available in the Practice Challenge Section of myitlab.com.
(Note: Some material is not covered in the book).
Exams will be graded and posted to your unofficial transcript as soon as possible.
Exam scores will be posted to your unofficial transcript, which may be obtained through you advisor.
In response to federal privacy regulations, results will not be given over the phone.
You may also check your test results by doing the following:
- Log into EagleNET
- Select Student
- Select Student Records
- Select SOAR Degree Audit
- Click the Request Audit or New Audit button to run a New Audit
- Click on Run Selected Program and Select *TEST SCORES from the Department drop down menu
- Scroll to the bottom and click the Run Audit button
- To view Test Scores, scroll down and open TEST SCORES (there are no graphs on the Test Scores degree audit)