Contract Services welcomes all those who are interested in learning more about the planning, soliciting, awarding, managing, and monitoring of the personal services contract process. This site's objective is to provide the direction and expertise needed to support effective contract management solutions.
211 Tawanka Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
For information, forms and templates, please select from the topics below. If you need further assistance, please contact Susan Brown at 509.359.6403.
The following forms are to be filled out and returned to Susan Brown, in Tawanka 211, no later than 10 days before the contract starts. If you have any questions feel free to contact Susan Brown at 509 359 6403, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Memorandum of Agreement
-Memorandum of Agreement(MOA) are used to address a short-term need, resolve a problem, expedite a special project and/or bring specialized skills for which we are not staffed.
- Memorandum of Agreement Amendment
- This form should be used if there are any changes that need to be addressed about your previously submitted MOA.
- Contractor Invoice
- To initiate payment after a service has been provided be a contractor.
- Insurance Request **
** The certificate of insurance (COI) is issued:
- When evidence of coverage is required by the owner, vendor, or lessor of land, facility or equipment being leased, rented or used by EWU for it's operation.
- When evidence of coverage is required by another party for whom EWU employees are performing services as part of an agreement.
- When evidence of coverage is needed for general or vehicle liability covered by the self insurance liability program.
- MOA Instructions and Guidelines
- These instructions will help you in completing a new MOA agreement between you and Eastern Washington University.
- Changes to MOA Instructions
- This document has instructions on how to change a current MOA, through the MOA Amendment form, such as canceling the MOA completely, changing service fees, increasing or decreasing travel fees, extending the service date(s).
- Payment of Contractor Travel Expenses
- These instructions will help you with the payment of contractor travel expenses.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: What if I, or the contractor, wants to get paid on the day of performance?
A: If you need to make payment to a contractor on the date services are performed:
- Submit the contractor’s invoice and a copy of the completed and approved moa ten (10) days in advance to Accounts Payable.
- Clearly mark the invoice with the following request, “Please have check ready the day of performance, MM/DD/YYYY. Call (name, phone number) if you have any questions.”
- Reference the assigned Banner number and have the budget authority sign the invoice. Please Note: Advance signature on invoice indicates that signer accepts responsibility in ensuring contractor completes the service before payment is relinquished.
- Q: What if my contract exceeds $9,999?
A: If your contract exceeds $9,999 pre-authorization is required. Contracts over $9,999 are subject to competitive solicitation requirements as required by RCW 39.29.
Please Note: The $9,999 limit includes charges for services, travel, lodging, and per diem. Obtain pre-authorization by emailing Contract Services with your request and details of the service to be provided.