Commute Trip Reduction (CTR)
Welcome to Commute Trip Reduction (CTR). This program is designed to reduce single occupancy vehicle (SOV) commuting in order to achieve better air quality. Please browse our site and learn how you can be part of the Eastern solution. For specific parts of the program, see the menu at the left side of the page.
Cheney, WA 99004
Guarantee Ride Home Program
What should you do if you receive an emergency message?
- Contact your Supervisor immediately.
- You and your supervisor will determine the extent of the emergency and the best option.
- Is it feasible to use the Bus program?
- Is a co-worker or car pool partner willing and available to transport you?
- Is it operationally possible to allow a co-worker or car pool partner to transport?
If the above options are not feasible contact the ETC. (359-7921)
- The ETC will provide the transportation or arrange for a motor pool vehicle.
- Or ETC will contact a transportation company to provide the ride without cost to the employee.
- Supervisors make sure the ETC is contacted whenever the Guaranteed Ride Home is requested and that the Guaranteed Ride Report is completed.
- Supervisors make sure the beginning and ends miles are recorded for the GRH report by the transporter for possible reimbursement.
An emergency is defined as:
- When an employee or an employee's immediate family or dependant is sick and in need of urgent attention or has been in an accident.
- In cases where there has been or there is reasonable expectation of substantial property damage to the employees's possessions.
- In some cases where the employee or his/her carpool/vanpool driver is requested during the day's shift to work outside normal working hours and no other arrangement could be worked out for the carpool/vanpool riders [some limitations will apply.]
Limitations to Program:
- Provisional use of motor pool vehicles. No non EWU employee may be transported in a motor pool vehicle.
- The emergency ride home will be available free of charge two times per year (Sept. - Sept.). After the second use of the emergency ride home, the employee will be responsible to cover the cost of additional rides home.