Information for students, alumni, employers, and faculty to develop skills and knowledge in areas of employment, internships, and volunteering.
114 Showalter Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Current Student/Major-Related Information
- EWU Career Resource Wiki, EWU Libraries & EWU Career Services
- Recession-Safe Majors. The Real College Guide
- Small Steps to Take In College for a Big Career Later, Penelope's Trunk at Brazen Careerist
- How to Prepare for a Big Presentation, 30 Second MBA
- 7 Things To Do Before You Graduate, New Grad Life
Job Searcher Information
- College Majors With the Most Job Offers, Forbes. com
- SimplyHired's College Resource Center
- The Black Collegian Online
- Salary Survery: Get a quick figure with online access to Salary Survey. NACEweb.org
- 17 Tips for Job Seekers. US News and World Report
- Ask and Ye Shall Receive ... The Job That You Want. Careers-MSNBC.com
- 5 Things Every Job Searcher Should Know About Themselves. CareerRealism.
- 7 Keys to Snagging a Job As A College Grad. US News and World Report.
- How to Work A Career Fair. University of California-Irvine Career Center.
- 5 Resume Mistakes You're Probably Making. US News and World Report.
- Working as an Independent Contractor: 10 Frequently Asked Questions, National Association of Colleges and Employers
- A Students' Guide to Interviewing with Third-Party Recruiters, National Association of Colleges and Employers
- Washington Healthcare News, an online resource for healthcare professionals including job postings
How-To Documents and Presentations
- How to Write a Curriculum Vitae, The University of Texas at Austin
- Chronological Resume Sample, EWU Career Services
- Combination Resume Sample, EWU Career Services
- Cover Letter Sample, EWU Career Services
- Unconventional Careers: Working or Volunteering At Home and Abroad, EWU Career Services
- Networking and How to Find a Job in 2009, EWU Career Services
- EWU Internship Description Form
- EWU Job Description Form
- A Position Statement on Rescinded and Deferred Employment Offers, National Association of Colleges and Employers
- A Faculty Guide to Ethical and Legal Standards in Student Hiring, National Association of Colleges and Employers