Goals & Values
FY13 Budget Services Goals & Values
307 Showalter Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
Goals & Values
FY13 Budget Services Goals
Budget Services will support the 2012-13 goals established by the EWU Board of Trustees, the President and the Vice President for Business and Finance by working on the following:
- Continued improvement and testing of the Tuition Revenue Projection Model to include ability to calculate biennial projections, differential tuition by program of study and type of tuition charge, and differential waiver percents or flat dollar amounts.
- Streamline process related to 2013-15 biennial budget planning for BOT approval. Document cycle for biennial budget and supplemental budget cycles.
- Exploration and review of options for using Banner system (Salary Planner, Budget Module, spreadsheet budgeting) for internal budget planning.
- Preparation and testing for possible implementation of self-service budget revisions on Banner Finance in FY2014.
- Exploration of the options for budgeting fund transfers in Banner Finance.
- Explore options for possible development of automated generation of .pdf reports for BEM and CBL/OBS systems.
- Emphasis on cross training staff for depth in office expertise on new processes. Comprehensive review of written documentation for all processes.
- Support development opportunities for the staff in accordance with unit professional development plan. Continue standard budget training for new budget staff members and cross training for all staff members.
The Budget Services team is dedicated to the following key values:
Excellent people - We employ talented, professional, and motivated staff for our team. Our team quality is only as good as those we employ. We continually search for ways to improve our processes and be the "best of the best." We are prepared to accomplish our goals with a positive attitude, the highest integrity, and a dedication to continuous improvement.
Commitment to quality - We believe learning is a life-long activity for all. We provide support for staff development and exploration of new techniques on an on-going basis. We have a reputation for producing the highest quality of information and customer service. We provide timely, accurate, and appropriate data. We offer professional, reliable, and objective results.
Innovation - We model efficiency for other units and willingly help them learn from our expertise. Our work environment encourages questions, suggestions, and creative thinking. We strive to be role models by embracing the best practices offered by new technology and the ideas of others. We are willing to invest the necessary time and financial resources in the short-term to achieve long-term technology-based efficiencies.
Collaboration - We believe we can accomplish significantly more as a group than as individuals. Superior solutions and continuous improvement are consistently generated by incorporating ideas from all team members. We believe in the value of teaching and sharing information with each other and those outside our office. We are proud to be an essential part of the larger Eastern Washington University team.