Working from a broad-based understanding of university policies and procedures, academic advisors will consistently share accurate, current and pertinent information allowing students to maximize their education opportunities. A personal relationship between student and advisor facilitates and accelerates the student/university interaction.
103 Sutton Hall (1st floor)
Cheney, WA 99004
New Transfer Students: Advising Information
New transfer students are required to meet with an academic advisor or departmental advisor before registering for classes:
General academic advisors
New transfer students may meet with a general academic advisor in General Undergraduate Academic Advising (GUAA) to review general education and graduation requirements and pre-major coursework/requirements. Call the Advising Front Desk at 509.359.2345 to make an academic advising appointment.
Students who have chosen a major are welcome to connect with a departmental advisor. To get in contact with a departmental advisor:
- Click here for a list of academic departments
- Select the department you want
- Find the department contact information on the left side of the department website
*Students with a Direct Transfer Degree from a Washington State community college need to meet directly to their major department as soon as possible.*
Next steps for new transfers:
- Come prepared to register for classes at your academic advising appointment by completing all of the steps on the EWU Admitted Students webpage.
- Check out the Transfer Student First Quarter Agenda to find out how to buy your textbooks, get your EagleCard, get connect to academic resources on campus and more!
- Check out important quarterly Dates and Deadlines for information like the last day to add or drop classes, the last day to get a tuition refund, the tuition payment deadline, and much more.