Working from a broad-based understanding of university policies and procedures, academic advisors will consistently share accurate, current and pertinent information allowing students to maximize their education opportunities. A personal relationship between student and advisor facilitates and accelerates the student/university interaction.
103 Sutton Hall (1st floor)
Cheney, WA 99004
Discoverer: Student Caseload
Banner INB Login website: http://web.ewu.edu/banner/secure/links/. Select Oracle Discoverer Viewer [ODSP].
How to Request Access
Complete the ODS [Operational Data Store] Access Request Form. Submit the completed form to Enterprise Systems, Susan Himes, HUS 202. Instructions for completing ODS Access Request Form. Advisors need to complete the following sections:
- Section 1: Applicant/ODS User Profile Information
- Section 2: Supervisor
- Section 3A: Access to the ODS (Select: Basic ODS Access; Personal Information; Address/Phone)
- Section 3D: Access to Student Data in ODS
Instructions for Running a Caseload Report
- Login to Oracle Discoverer Viewer [ODSP] with your BANNER INB User Name and Password.
- Select the "+" sign next to either:
- TS - GUAA - Case Load
- Then select Case Load by Advisor OR Case Load Mailing by Advisor (includes student phone/address info)
- TS - GUAA New Students
- Then select All New Students
- TS - GUAA - Case Load
- Select a value for the Academic Period (the term you wish to query your caseload) and the click GO. For example:
- Once your query has been executed (this may take several minutes), select the Primary Advisor Name in the drop-down list.
- Choose from the possible Actions in the upper left-hand corner:
- Rerun query
- Revert to saved
- Printable Page
- Export. Select an export file format, options include:
- Excel Workbook (*.xsl)
- PDF (*.pdf)Comma delimited (*.csv)
- GIF Image (*.gif)
- PNG Image (*.png)
- Text (Tab delimited) (*.txt)
- Send as email
- Worksheet options
- Select Export on the right side of the page.
- Click to View or Save the file.
Information You Can AccessLists your Banner Caseload: undeclared students coded to you in SGAADVR who are currently enrolled. The list will include some students who are not enrolled, but this is not a reflection of ALL of your students who were enrolled the previous quarter and currently not enrolled. Instructions for using SGAADVR.
Caseloads include student name, EWUID, registration status for the quarter, class standing, quarter credits, cumulative GPA, academic standing, major, advisor name and more.
- You can request an Advisee List in EagleNET, however, this is a list of EVERY student who as ever been coded to you in SGAADVR (includes students who declared, graduated, and who are no longer enrolled at EWU).
- FACULTY ADVISORS, also note that your Banner Caseload is only a list of those students coded to you in SGAADVR, not a list of students in your courses (as found in EagleNET).