Working from a broad-based understanding of university policies and procedures, academic advisors will consistently share accurate, current and pertinent information allowing students to maximize their education opportunities. A personal relationship between student and advisor facilitates and accelerates the student/university interaction.
103 Sutton Hall (1st floor)
Cheney, WA 99004
Faculty & Staff Advisor Support Information
Welcome to the Faculty and Staff Academic Advisor Support Page!
General Undergraduate Academic Advising (GUAA) does individual and group training for new (and current!) staff and faculty advisors. Call Patty Rockwell at 359.2345 to schedule training.
One of the very best resources for academic advisors is the most current EWU Catalog.
Staff and faculty advisors may also access the following pages for important academic advising information:
- EWU Student Information Systems Access and Training
- GUAA Academic Advising Planning Materials and Resources
- Academic Advising Planner, Academic Advising Syllabus, Academic Success Contract, FirstSTEP materials, other academic and campus resources
- Registration Hold Information
- Information about Common Registration Holds
- Placing and Releasing Registration Holds
- Academic Probation/Dismissal/Reinstatement Information
- Academic Probation, Dismissal and Reinstatement Policy
- Understanding Academic Probation, Dismissal and Reinstatement
- Tips for Advising Students on Academic Probation
- Academic Integrity Policy and Information
- Professional Development/Other Academic Advising Resources, including:
- What is Academic Advising/ Academic Advisor Resources
- Academic Advising Resources for Professional Development
- EWU Academic Affairs, Provost's Office Resources
- Academic Resources for Faculty, Staff & Administration (not currently available)
- Colleges/Programs/Curriculum Resources (not currently available)
- Academic Resources for Students (not currently available)
Don't see something you were looking for? Contact GUAA at email@example.com or call us at 359.2345.