A variety of tutoring services are available to meet the needs of EWU's diverse student learners. Students can choose between individual 1-to-1 tutoring, facilitated group learning, online tutoring, or tutoring labs.
111 Monroe Hall
Cheney, WA 99004
PLUS Study Groups
Our Program Leading to Undergraduate Success is designed to enhance the quality of undergraduate student scholarship and assists students in achieving academic goals through discipline-based collaborative learning groups.
PLUS creates and designs discipline specific collaborative study groups with an environment of active learning. In each study group, PLUS emphasizes small group settings and hands-on experiences, utilizing upper-level students as facilitators for group process and structure.
Through this route of learning,students will...
- engage as active participants
- become unified in a community of learners
- will further realize and cultivate their own critical thinking skills and course knowledge
- will recognize a network of peers as they continue on in their college career
- These study groups are especially helpful for those individuals who want to improve their grades, prefer a relaxed noncompetitive learning experience, are motivated, and want a structured time for study. To find out more about the PLUS program read on!
How the program works
- Students attend frequently scheduled collaborative learning sessions with other students from their class.
- Facilitators model good study strategies and learning behavior.
- Students improve grades by increasing study and learning efficiency.
- PLUS provides a social basis for future contact with individuals of the same discipline.
- PLUS provides a foundation for success in all future classes.
- 3,780 students have been involved in the PLUS program since it was established.
- 86% of the students who have participated in PLUS have passed their class with a 2.0 or above class grade.
- Most students participate in additional PLUS groups.
- Students continue to attend PLUS meetings after then have met the requirements for the PLUS program and the class.
The PLUS program is for students that . . .
PLUS Study Groups Schedule
Click PLUS Study Groups schedule to view the online schedule for spring 2013.